The PlayMaker Award helps enables children to take their first steps into coaching.
The PlayMaker Award is a great introduction into leadership giving learners the knowledge of how to organise small games and activities that can be used during extra-curricular time, lunchtimes, breaks, as well as in sports clubs outside school hours.
The PlayMaker Award aims to help learners develop leadership skills such as organisation, communication and teamwork, as well as helping to build confidence and self-esteem as they take on the responsibility of assisting in leading their peers and younger children.
Here are our 10 reasons to fund the PlayMaker Award.
- The award focuses on the four core areas of leadership – Participants, Area, Communication and Equipment.
- You and your pupils will get access to a range of comprehensive resources which are easy to use.
- Leadership challenges will give ideas on how PlayMakers can put their basic leadership skills into practice after the course.
- The award encourages home-based activities by asking parents and carers to contribute to the learners’ Leadership Journals.
- You’ll get access to additional recognition of achievement through downloadable Bronze, Silver, Gold and Outstanding achievement certificates.
- The award supports the KS2 curriculum for English, Physical Education, PSHE and Citizenship.
- Can help to increase physical activity during lunch time.
- Helps reduce behaviour issues at lunch time as structured activities will be delivered by the PlayMaker team.
- Supports pupils with their first steps into coaching.
- It’s a sustainable use of PE funding.